- Know Before You Book
Muthiyangana Raja Maha Vihara is an ancient Buddhist temple located in the middle of Badulla town in The Badulla District of Uva Province in Sri Lanka. Ruler of the Namunukula Mountain Range. At the Same location where Buddha made his sermons, the King Indaka built a stupa enshrining some hair and Mukthaka Dathu (drops of sweat turned in to pearls) of Buddha. This is the birth of the Muthiyangana Stupa. This stupa and the temple has been expanded, reconstructed and renovated by many kings during The next 2500 years.
The Bogoda Wooden Bridge was built in the 16th century during the Dambadeniya era. This is said to Be the oldest surviving wooden bridge in Sri Lanka. This is the only bridge in Sri Lanka which has a Wooden roof. It is situated by the Bogoda Raja Maha viharaya‚ which was built by Great King Walagamba‚ a famous cave temple with ancient wall paintings. Bogoda Bridge was built on three large Wooden beams placed across the Gallanda Oya without using nails. Bogoda Wooden Bridge is the only Bridge that is completely made out of wood.
1. 49 hours prior to the scheduled starting time:
2. Within 48 hours prior to the scheduled starting
100% Cancellation Fee.
3. No Shows - 100% Cancellation Fee.
Pick up from the hotel near Ella and Bandarawela
Reach to Bogoda Bridge. In addition to this bridge there is an ancient tunnel you can see at the premises of Bogoda Temple. Even though it is not accessible for more than few meters at present, according to the villages, the other end of that tunnel can be seen about 12 km away from that place and that opening is still much more accessible than from the Bogoda end.
Visit Muthiyangana Royal temple. There is an annual festival attached to Muthiyanganaya temple known as Muthiyanganaya Perahera.
Enjoy picnic lunch at local restaurant in Badulla
Reach Dunhinda waterfall.It is not leading from its height. But, it is a remarkable waterfall when considering the beauty of it
Start the way back to Hotel
- Children 10 Years and younger are not recommended.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adult price is applicable for all the participants.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- Recommend to wear shoes and comfortable clothing for your convenience.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Bandarawela and Ella hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion