- Know Before You Book
Large mammals could seldom be seen at Horton Plains. Samber is common sight at dusk and in the early morning hours. Mammals which still occur in reasonable numbers include Kelaart’s long clawed shrew Feroculus feroculus slender loris loris tardigradus endemic to the montane toque macaque Macaca sinica, purple faced langur Presbutis entellus, rusty-spotted cat felis rubigimosus and etc.Horton Plains National park harbors 12 species of endemic birds are recorded only for Horton Plains.
1. 49 hours prior to the scheduled starting time:
2. Within 48 hours prior to the scheduled starting
100% Cancellation Fee.
3. No Shows - 100% Cancellation Fee.
Pick up from the hotel near Ella and Bandarawela and Start the tour to Ohiya station by one of the most scenic train journeys in hill country.
On arrival at Ohiya Station, you will be picked up and driven to the Horton plains.
Take a guided walk along the park's nature trails to a viewpoint known as World’s End. You may encounter a variety of wildlife & highland bird species. Also keep your eye out for troops of Bear Monkey, and Sambar (Sri Lanka’s largest species of deer) which are regularly seen in the plains close to the entrance. You will continue your journey up to Baker's fall, named after the famous explorer, Sir Samuel Baker.
Get relaxed and enjoy your packed lunch.
Start the way back to Hotel .
- Children 10 Years and younger are not recommended.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adult price is applicable for all the participants.
- This activity is subject to cancellation based on inclement weather. Activity can be rescheduled or the payment could be refunded.
- Recommend to wear shoes and comfortable clothing for your convenience.
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Bandarawela and Ella hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion